Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 Cup Uncooked Pasta (Shell, Penne, or Elbow)
- Water for Boiling
- 2 Tbsps Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsps Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Cheese (Mexican blend with cheddar, asadero, whatever else you like)
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Diced Ham
- 1/2 Cup Diced Broccoli
- Boil water for pasta. Pasta should be finished cooking by the time the rest of the meal is prepared.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a saucepan on the stove and dice up ham and broccoli if you have not already done so.
- When the butter is melted, stir in the flour over medium heat to create a roux.
- Allow the roux to simmer over low heat two minutes.
- In a separate pan, season and steam the ham and broccoli.
- Return to your roux, slowly adding milk and whisking to create a slightly thickened sauce.
- Slowly add cheese into the sauce, altering milk and cheese portions to taste.
- Season to taste.
- Combine the ham, broccoli, cheese sauce, and pasta, mixing gently.