The Food Stuffs:
Since all parts of this dish are homemade except for the pasta (and there are a lot components) expect to use a lot of cookware. I made this at my in-laws house and my kind mother-in-law did all the clean up....which was a ton! You'll need at least an hour to put this all together and your oven should be preheated to 350 degrees.
Veggie Lasagna Ingredients:
-1 Summer Squash (Small)
-1 Chayote Squash-1 Pckg Lasagna Noodles
-3 Chicken Breasts
-1 Container (15 oz) Ricotta Cheese
-1 Block Mozzarella Cheese
Veggie Lasagna Instructions:1. Clean and then thinly slice the vegetables.
2. Meanwhile, boil trimmed chicken breasts and noodles (separately, of course.)
3. Melt enough butter in a frying pan to just cover the bottom.
4. Add the sliced veggies and salt. Keep over low heat until almost completely cooked to your liking.
5. Shred chicken and season well with all of the herbs and spices listed.
6. Using a grater, shred the mozzarella as you like it.
7. Combine two eggs and the ricotta cheese in a bowl, whipping lightly.
Peach Sauce Ingredients:
-6 Tbsp Butter (unsalted)
-2 Tbsp Flour
-4 Juicy peaches, skinned and finely chopped
-1 Tbsp Shredded mozzarella
-1/4 Cup Sugar
Peach Sauce Instructions:
1. Melt butter in a saucepan.
2. Stir in flour over medium-low heat.
3. Add peaches, with as much natural juice as possible.
4. Stir over low heat until peaches are no longer solid.
5. Add shredded cheese and seasonings, stirring all the while. It should taste just a little bit sweet. Keep the sauce over the low heat until it is finished.
6. Add milk and sugar intermittently. Continue stirring throughout. Only add milk until a consistency you like is achieved.
7. Add seasonings (including sugar) to your taste.