The Food Stuffs:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Have a bowl and a pot on hand, as well as a greased baking sheet and a flat surface to roll dough onto. Be warned that this is one of those recipes I make by sight, scent, and feel and not by measurement. None of these measurements are exact, sorry! Use your own judgement! Makes about 8 little pies.
3 cups Flour
2 1/2 tablespoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Cup Butter (not soft!)
1 Cup Milk
Dough Instructions:1. Place the flour in a bowl. Sift baking powder and salt into the bowl as well.
2. Cut a cup of butter into the dry mixture with a pastry cutter.
3. Burrow out a hole in the center of the mixture. Fill with milk.
4. Stir until just combined.
5. Flour your hands and then mix with your hands, kneading until a dough forms.
6. Spread the dough on a floured, hard surface. Use a rolling pin to make a nice flat dough. Keep the surface and the dough well floured so it does not get sticky and fall apart.
Filling Ingredients:6-8 Apples, peeled and chopped
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1. In one pot, melt the butter over low heat.
2. When the butter is melted, add the sugar and brown sugar. Stir until the mixture is evenly textured.
3. Add cinnamon and nutmeg until it smells good : )
4. Remove from burner and allow to cool a little bit.